Friday, December 20, 2013

My 1st Christmas Tree

Hey y’all It’s the season of giving and I am super excited this year because I was able to buy my first real Christmas tree with my roommates.

It’s nothing like putting up a Christmas tree in your home to bring joy into your home. For those of you who buy real Christmas trees or have experienced buying real trees can agree with me. Your house fills up with a wonderful pine needle scent.

My roommates and I was so excited to put the tree up and to start decorating it. We chose pink, gold, and purple to be the main colors of the tree. Yes it is a girly tree but with three girls living in the same apartment what did you expect? There is a big gold bow on top with little and medium size gold bows going around the tree. We found pink and gold ribbon at Michael’s Arts and Craft store to go around the tree. I love our Christmas treeJ!!!

Things that I learned from purchasing my first Christmas tree (if you are a first time Christmas tree buyer these suggestions might be helpful for you);

·         Don’t try to overdo it by buying a tree that’s over 7ft tall just because you have room in your home for it. Remember you have to buy ornaments, ribbon, lights, and anything else you want to use when it comes to decorating the tree. I think 6ft is a great size for a Christmas tree (but to each its own).

·         Before you start purchasing any ornaments for your Christmas tree, make a list of colors that make you happy or you would like to see on your tree. Writing out a list can keep you focus and from over spending. Go online to websites such as Pinterest to get ideas of what you can do in your own home. So you will not feel so overwhelmed when you go to the store looking at Christmas ornaments.

·         Where I live there is a Christmas tree stand on almost every corner, so I did not have a hard time finding a place to buy a tree. However it is the season of giving and I wanted to support organization that give back to the community. I research Christmas tree growers that gave back and found one near me.

·         The most important suggestion I could give you is to have fun. I haven’t seen a perfect Christmas tree and I would want one in my home. Unless you buy a fake tree you are not going to find a perfectly round tree with no missing branches. Each tree is different with its own personality. So warm up some hot cocoa turn on some Christmas music, and invite your family and or friends over and have fun.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

xo,

Marion
***I will post pictures in my next post***

No comments:

Post a Comment