Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sewing Curtains for the 1st time!

Hey y'all! I hope everyone is doing well, I know my east coast friends are especially happy that spring is finally here. I have decided to post some of my sewing projects here on this blog. I just realize that I have been doing a lot of sewing but I have not shared any of my projects with you all. 
I made curtains for the kitchen window for the first time!! I am so excited, you would have thought I have made curtains before with my years of sewing experience but I haven't. I always wanted to make curtains but never did. The curtains are super cute (at least I think so) and so easy to make. This is a perfect project for a beginner sewer.

As you can see I made two different panels for the top and bottom curtains. I plan on keeping the top curtain close and just opening the bottom one during the day.
I bought the fabric at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store in the home and décor section. I decided to have an floral print on the top and solid chocolate brown color on the bottom. I didn't bring any measurements with me to the store (bad idea) but I ended up getting about a yard and a half of each of the fabric. Thank goodness it all worked out.

I have a lot more spring and summer crafty projects that I want to work on and I'll be sure to share them with y'all. If you want to see more of my craft projects like my Facebook page and check out my etsy shop  (the links are below).

xo
Marion

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment