Monday, July 13, 2015

Sewing my 1st Tablecloth

Good Morning Darlings!
 
I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July weekend with family and friends. My sewing project for the last few weeks have been working on was designing a tablecloth for my kitchen table. I wanted a tablecloth on the table to protect the table from spills, hot dishes, and sticky hands. To my surprise I could not find one store that sold square tablecloths. I went to Walmart, Target, World Market, and other popular chain stores.

 
 

I ended up going to Joann's to find fabric to sew my own tablecloth sense I could not find a square one for my kitchen table. I decided to go with the same fabric I used to sew my curtains hanging in the kitchen window.


However, I wanted to do something different so I decided cut the floral print fabric down into a smaller square and add brown fabric around it.


Keep in mind I never sewed a tablecloth before but it seem simple enough for me to do.

I cut the brown fabric in an angle so when I sewed it all together it will make a almost perfect square.


I also found another contrasting print fabric and attach it to the square.



I ended up adding row after row until I had ended up with enough fabric to cover the entire table. I believe it turned out pretty nice for my first try.

Don't forget to prewash your fabric before cutting into it or it will shrink in the wash and throw your measurements off.

I hope you enjoyed my blog post, to keep in touch with the latest craft project I'm working on join my facebook group; Crafting is Sexy. \

xo,
Marion

No comments:

Post a Comment